I think I'm addicted...

No matter how hard I try to stop buying paper... I just can't. There are so many beautiful papers out there that I just can't have enough. Any time I am online and my husband isn't near, I'm looking at papers.. or buying papers. Anytime I go to a craft store, I get lost in the paper department. When I make a collage, there are 2 steps that take a lot more time that everything else... decide what to do and what papers to use... and the more papers I have the more I last searching through piles and piles of card stock and vintage books and magazines. And then I choose one and have to go through all the stuff again to find some that matches. I'm not the most organized person in the world you know? I try to keep everything in place but the most I can do is keep the paper inside the drawers. I would post a picture if I had a camera, but my husband took it to the desert and it doesn't work anymore...(I miss it!).
Anyway, I think I should start some rehab... maybe I can start by adding the paper to the cart and delete everything at the end... I better start using the internet for other stuff, like watching the trailer for the new Harry Potter movie, make a little Dolores Umbridge voodoo doll... or trying to find out if Snape will be the bad or the good guy in the last book....

Comments

Lori said…
Yes, Yes I know what you mean!! It got to the point where I would be totally embarassed if anyone came into the room and saw me looking at paper on line AGAIN!! The worst part is that if I find a truly beautiful piece of paper I am VERY reluctant to cut it.
I added you to my links also. Thanks!!
Danita said…
Haha I know!!! I have very beautiful pieces that I save because they're way to beautiful to be cut!
Diane Duda said…
Me too! It used to be fabric...now paper! When searching for just the right piece to use in my art, I almost always end up using a polka dot even though I have a lot of florals, etc. Polka dots just seem to fit anywhere!

Anyway, paper addiction is fine. It could be something much worse, right? Like potato chips.
Danita said…
Polka dots are beautiful... no wonder you end up using them...
Don't get me started in the food addictions...I'm a chocoholic... and I'm on a diet so let's talk about paper and fabric and anything not edible :P
Sam I Am said…
paper is a lovely addiction .. one i heavily recommend!!! hehehehe :)
xoxo
sam
deb said…
OH, I'm *totally* the same way!! I'm a complete paper addict! hee hee.

Wow - I just love your art. I found you through Sam I Am.
Danita said…
Thank you Deb!

Popular Posts